Providing Superior, Comprehensive Orthopedic Care and Sports Medicine to North Florida and South Georgia
Our Mission & Vision
Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic exists to provide comprehensive musculoskeletal care to patients in North Florida and South Georgia. We seek to provide the highest quality services to patients, referring physicians, universities, coaches, athletic trainers and payors. With this, TOC is committed to helping people from every age and skill level regain and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
TOC was founded in 1972 by Drs. Doug Henderson and Tom Haney as the first medical practice in North Florida dedicated exclusively to orthopedics. The two native Floridians met as residents at Emory University. After discovering they had similar dreams, they worked together to successfully establish a first-rate sports medicine clinic in Florida’s sports loving capital city; home to nationally renowned colleges and universities.
Today TOC continues to grow to meet the needs of an ever expanding area of service in North Florida and South Georgia. TOC includes several highly experienced orthopedists, family practice physicians, Physician Assistants (PA), Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNP), Registered Nurses (RN), a certified orthotic provider and an extensive support team of medical and technical assistants.
TOC’s highly acclaimed practice offers patients access to an unparalleled institution of knowledge with physicians experienced in the treatment of:
- Sports Injuries
- General and Pediatric Orthopedics, including:
- Reconstructive surgeries
- Full Joint Replacements of the knee, hip and shoulder
- Musculoskeletal injuries – work-related, recreational and those resulting from trauma
- Congenital, traumatic, or degenerative Spine conditions
- Hand and Upper Extremity conditions
- Foot and Ankle conditions
- Orthopedic Trauma
Comprehensive Patient-Centered Care
We believe that physical activity is essential to a healthy lifestyle. With this, the promotion of safety education is crucial in order to prevent injury. It is important to treat injuries as early as possible to achieve optimal recovery and evade the development of a chronic condition.
At TOC, we strive to provide patient-centered care - giving our patients immediate and convenient access to the latest in treatment protocols and procedures. This helps to minimize delays and maintain the flow of a patient’s care. Patients can literally remain under one roof for complete orthopedic medical diagnosis, treatment and/or surgery, rehabilitation, and assistance with orthotics care.
TOC includes several additional medical units within our Orthopedic Center to meet these patient needs:
- MRI Division: Offers the ability to take images conveniently at TOC. Our MRI specialists instantaneously transmit a patients MRI securely for reading by MRI Specialty Radiologists at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA. This enables physicians and patients the ability to receive a response that is of the highest quality possible.
- Division of Orthotics and Prosthetics: Offers patients the resources and support to successfully regain function, productivity and independence - improving their overall quality of life. Patients are seen by one of TOC’s certified orthotic and prosthetic providers. This gives patients the ability to receive the attention and quality needed to regain function and increase their quality of life.
- Tallahassee Outpatient Surgical Center (TOSC): TOC, operating in partnership with Hospital Corporation of America, developed a surgical facility within the clinic to ensure every patient at TOC receives the highest quality team-centered care.
- Tallahassee Orthopedic and Sports Physical Therapy (TOSPT): For a successful recovery, the specialists at TOSPT – an independent physical therapy center - work with both patient and physician to ensure the patient receives the attention and rehabilitation needed to get back to every day routines as soon as possible.
For additional convenience, TOC operates clinical facilities in Perry, Port St. Joe, Madison and Marianna, Florida, as well as Bainbridge, Georgia.